This is unpublished
Associate Dean, UW School of Medicine
Education & Training
- MD, University of Washington, Seattle, WA (1985)
- Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine, Primary Care Track, University of Washington, Seattle, WA (1985–1987)
- Residency in Internal Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA (1990–1991)
- Leadership in Improving Healthcare Award (2011)
- Fellow, American College of Physicians (2009)
- UWMC Service Excellence Award (2009)
- James Haviland Award, "Leadership and Clinical Excellence" (1985)
- Alpha Omega Alpha (1984)
- Phi Beta Kappa (1979)
- Cross-cultural medicine
- Physician/patient communication
- Primary care of orthopedic problems
- Promoting scholarship in quality improvement
- Staiger TO, Gaster B, Sullivan MD, Deyo RA. 2003. Systematic review of antidepressants in the treatment of chronic low back pain. Spine. 28(22):2540–5.
- Staiger TO, Jarvik JG, Deyo RA, Martin B, Braddock CH. 2005. BRIEF REPORT: Patient-physician agreement as a predictor of outcomes in patients with back pain. Journal of general internal medicine. 20(10):935–7.
- Staiger TO, Chew LD, Helenius I. 2008. A case-based approach to outpatient evaluation and management service coding. Postgraduate medicine. 120(4):101–6.
- Staiger TO, Wong EY, Schleyer AM, Martin DP, Levinson W, Bremner WJ. 2011. The role of quality improvement and patient safety in academic promotion: results of a survey of chairs of departments of internal medicine in North America. The American journal of medicine. 124(3):277–80.
- Henderson DM, Staiger TO, Peterson GA, Sinanan MN, Angiulo CL, Makrewicz VA, Wild LA, Whimbey EE. A Collaborative, Systems-Level Approach to Eliminating Healthcare-Associated MRSA, Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections, Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia and Respiratory Virus Infections. J Health Qual. 2012;34:39–47.