This is unpublished
Director, Academic Hospitalist Fellowship
Director, GIM Faculty Development Program
Cascade College Faculty
Education & Training
- MD, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA (1999–2004)
- Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine, Categorical Track, University of Washington, Seattle, WA (2004–2007)
- Academic Hospitalist Fellowship, University of California, San Francisco, CA (2008–2009)
- Society of Hospital Medicine, National Award for Excellence in Teaching (2023)
- Society of General Internal Medicine, National Award for Scholarship in Medical Education (2023)
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Research Training Fellowship (2001)
- Fogarty International Program in Mali, Malaria Research Training Fellowship (2000)
- Mary Gates Endowment for Student’s Research Training Fellowship (1997)
- Herschel and Carol Roman Undergraduate Research Program Stipend (1996)
- University of Washington Undergraduate Scholar’s Award (1992–1993)
- Seafirst Foundation Scholar Excellence Award (1992)
- Robert C. Byrd Memorial Scholarship (1992)
- Clinical teaching
- Faculty development
- Mookherjee S, Beste L, Klein J, Wright J. (Eds). Chalk Talks in Internal Medicine, Scripts for Clinical Teaching (2020). New York: Springer.
- Jackson M, Huang R, Kaplan E, Mookherjee S, (Eds). The Perioperative Medicine Consult Handbook, Third Edition. (2020) New York: Springer.
- Mookherjee S, Cosgrove E (Eds). The Handbook of Clinical Teaching. (2016) New York: Springer.
- Narayanan M, White A, Gallagher T, Mookherjee S. Twelve Tips for Teaching Quality Improvement and Patient Safety in the Clinical Environment. Medical Teacher. 2017 Oct 24:1-7. [review] DOI: 10.1080/0142159X.2017.1388501
- Mookherjee S, Strujik J, Cunningham M, Kaplan E, Coruh B. Independent and Mentored Video Review of OSCEs. The Clinical Teacher. 2019 Feb;16(1):23-29. [original work] DOI: 10.1111/tct.12755
- McKinney C, Mookherjee S, Fihn S, Gallagher T. An Academic Research Coach: An Innovative Approach to Increasing Scholarly Productivity in Medicine. Journal of Hospital Medicine. 2019 Aug 1;14(8):457-461. [original report] DOI: 10.12788/jhm.3194
- Stack SW, Eurich KE, Kaplan EA, Ball AL, Mookherjee S, Best JA. Parenthood During Graduate Medical Education: A Scoping Review. Acad Med. 2019 Nov;94(11):1814-1824. [original report] DOI: 10.1097/ACM.0000000000002948. PMID: 31425187.
- McDonald K, White A, Cornia P, Keller C, Quinnan-Hostein L, Starks H, Mookherjee S. Defining a new normal while awaiting the pandemic’s next wave. Journal of Hospital Medicine. 2021 Jan;16(1):59-60. [perspective] DOI: 10.12788/jhm.3512
- Erlich ML, Mookherjee S, McDonough KA. From dusk till dawn. J Hosp Med. 2022; 17:215‐219. [case report] DOI:10.1002/jhm.2727
- Finnegan A, Glass S, Mookherjee S. An encompassing issue. J Hosp Med. 2022; 17: 921- 925. doi:10.1002/jhm.12950 [case report]
- Deshpande, Neha MD; Starks, Helene PhD, MPH; Kaplan, Elizabeth MD; Stack, Shobha MD, PhD; Mookherjee, Somnath MD. Making the Mentorship Connection: Using Authentic Conversations for Faculty Development. Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professions, March 31, 2023. [original report]