This is unpublished
Associate Director of Quality and Safety for Harborview Medical Center
Education & Training
- MD, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, La Jolla, CA (2011)
- Internal Medicine Internship and Residency, University of Washington, Seattle, WA (2011–2014)
- Chief Resident in Quality and Safety, VA Puget Sound, Seattle, WA (2014–2015)
- “Top Docs” Award Nomination, VA Puget Sound (2018)
- Patient Safety Award, VA Puget Sound (2016 & 2017)
- Graduation with Distinction in Research (2011)
- Graduation with Distinction in Medical Education (2011)
- Healthcare quality
- Patient Safety
- Meo N, Hwang U, Morrison RS. Resident Perceptions of Palliative Care in the Emergency Department. J Palliat Care Med 2011; May 14(5): 548 555.
- Meo N., Wong E., Sunn, H., Gupta, I., Batten, A., Bryson C., Fihn, S., Nelson, K. Elements of the patient- centered medical home in the Veterans Health Administration are associated with increased medication adherence. Pop Health Manag 2018 Apr; 21(2): 116-122.
- Meo N, Paul E, Wilson C, Powers J, Magbaul M, Miles KM. Introducing an electronic tracking tool into daily multidisciplinary discharge rounds on a medicine service: a quality improvement project to reduce length of stay. BMJ Open Qual. 2018 Jul 21; 7(3).
- Sunshine J, Meo N, Kassebaum N, Collison M, Mokdad A, Naghavi M. Mortality Due to the Adverse Effects of Medical Treatment in the United States, 1990-2016. JAMA Netw Open. 2019; Jan 4; 2(1): e187041.
- Meo N, Liao JM, Reddy A. Hospitalized after medical readiness for discharge: A multidisciplinary quality improvement initiative to identify discharge barriers in general medicine patients. Am J Med Qual 2020; 35(1): 23-28.
- Meo N, Bann M, Sanchez M, Reddy A, Cornia PB. Getting Unstuck: challenges and opportunities in caring for patients experiencing prolonged hospitalization while medically ready for discharge. Am J Med 2020; 133(12): 1406-1410.
- Kim CS, Meo N, Little D, Morris SC, Brandenburg LA, Moratti M, Dold CL, Staiger TO, Sayre C, Goss JR. Bracing for the Storm: One health care system’s planning for the COVID-19 Surge. Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2020; 10:S1553-7250(20)30243-9.
- Chen A, Wolpaw BJ, VandeVusse LK, Wu C, Meo N, Staub MB, Hicks KG, Carr SA, Schleyer AM, Harrington RD, Klein JW. Creating a framework to integrate residency program and medical center approaches to quality improvement and patient safety training. Acad Med 2021; 96 (1): 75-82.
- Meo N, Kim CS, Ilgen JS, Choe JH, Singh N, Joyner B. Redeploying residents and fellows in response to COVID-19: Tensions, guiding principles and lessons from University of Washington. J Grad Med Ed 2020; Dec 12(6): 678-81.