This is unpublished
Education & Training
- MD, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL (1982)
- MPH, University of Washington, Seattle, WA (1989)
- Internal Medicine Residency, University of Washington Affiliated Hospitals, Seattle, WA (1982–1985)
- Chief Medical Resident, Seattle Veterans Administration Hospital, Seattle, WA (1985–1986)
- Fellow in Occupational Medicine Program, University of Washington, Seattle, WA (1987–1989)
- National Safety Council Stakeholder Collaboration Award (2015)
- Convocation address, University of Washington Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences (2013)
- Health Sciences/UW Medical Center Community Service Award (2009)
- University of Washington School of Public Health and Community Outreach Award (2007)
- University of Washington School of Public Health and Community Medicine Outstanding Mentor Award (2004)
- Department of Environmental Health Faculty Outreach Award (2000–2001)
- Valedictorian Address, University of Illinois School of Medicine (1982)
- Merck Manual Award (1982)
- The Dr. Charles Spencer Williamson Award in Medicine (1982)
- The Otto Saphir Award in Pathology (1981)
- Alpha Omega Alpha (1980)
- Bendixsen C., Barnes K., Kieke B., Schenk D., Simich J., Keifer M. Sorting through the Spheres of Influence: using modified pile-sorting to describe who influences dairy farmers’ decision-making about safety. Journal of Agromedicine. 2017;22(4):316-327. DOI: 10.1080/1059924X.2017.1353938.
- Liebman A, Sorenson J Franko E, Keifer M, Reyes I. An Overview and Impact Assessment of OSHA Large Dairy Local Emphasis Programs in New York and Wisconsin. Am J Ind Health. 2018.
- Bendixsen C., Barnes K., Weigel B, Keifer M. Augmented Reality Farm MAPPER Development: Lessons Learned from an App Designed to Improve Rural Emergency Response. Journal of Agromedicine. vol 23, Issue 3. 2018.
- Juárez-Carrillo PM, Liebman AK, Reyes IAC, Ninco Sanchez YV, Keifer MC. Aplicación de la teoría de aprendizaje en el entrenamiento acerca de seguridad y salud para trabajadores inmigrantes en las lecherías. Health Promot Pract. 2018, Dec 3.
- Weichelt B, Bendixsen C, Keifer M. Upper Midwest Farm and Farm Workers as Key Informants in User-Centered Occupational Health Prototype Development: A Stakeholder-Engaged Project. J Med Internet Res. 2019;21(1):e9711. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2196/jmir.9711.
- Seroogy C. VanWormer J, Olson B, Evans M, Johnson T, Cole D, Barnes K, Cronenwetter T, Dresen A, Meece J, Gangnon R, Keifer M, Bendixsen C, Gern J. Respiratory Health, Allergies, and the Farm Environment: Design, Methods and Enrollment in the Observational Wisconsin Infant Study Cohort (WISC): A research proposal. BMC Research Notes. 2019 Jul 16;12(1):423. doi: 10.1186/s13104-019-4448-0.
- Keifer M, Samet J, Hoare L, Harrington M. At work in the Woods: Occupational Hazards of Harvesting Special Non-forest Products in the Pacific Northwest. Journal of Agromedicine. In Press.
- Ray W, Weichelt B, Keifer M. Development of an Occupational Health Safe Return to Work Prototype Application and Ergonomics Dataset for Agricultural Tasks. MDPI Safety. In Press.
- ECHO-CREW consortium. Expression Quantitative Trait Locus (eQTL) Fine Mapping of the 17q12-21 Asthma Locus in African American Children: a Cross-Sectional Study. Lancet Respiratory Medicine. In press.