This is unpublished
Assistant Professor, Medicine
Education & Training
- MD, University of Washington, Seattle, WA (2012)
- Internal Medicine/Pediatrics Internship and Residency, University of California, Los Angeles (2012–2016)
- Fellowship, VA Puget Sound Health Services Research & Development, Seattle, WA (2019)
- MS, University of Washington School of Public Health, Seattle, WA (2019)
- Milton W. Hamolsky Award for Outstanding Junior Faculty Research, Society of General Internal Medicine (2019)
- Gold Certification, Housestaff Lean Academy, UCLA (2016)
- Excellence in Medical Student Teaching, University of California - Los Angeles (2013)
- Alpha Omega Alpha (2012)
- Chronic Disease
- High-Risk Patients
- Quality of Care
- Quality of Life
- Patient-Centered Care
- Primary Care Delivery Models
Primary care quality within the Veterans Health Administration (VHA)
Dr. Schuttner is studying the quality and patient-centeredness of primary care services delivered within the VHA, particularly for high-risk patients with multiple chronic conditions within the patient-centered medical home model. She works with the Primary Care Analytic Team under the VHA Office of Primary Care, an analytic support group for the VHA national program office, around care provided through the VHA’s patient centered medical home model (Patient Aligned Care Team, PACT).
- Association of the Implementation of the Patient-Centered Medical Home with Quality of Life in Patients with Multimorbidity. Schuttner L, Reddy A, Rosland AM, Nelson K, Wong ES.J Gen Intern Med. 2020 Jan;35(1):119-125. doi: 10.1007/s11606-019-05429-1. Epub 2019 Oct 30.
- Components of the Patient-Centered Medical Home Associated with Perceived Access to Primary Care. Schuttner L, Gunnink E, Sylling P, Taylor L, Fihn SD, Nelson K.J Gen Intern Med. 2020 Jun;35(6):1736-1742. doi: 10.1007/s11606-020-05668-7. Epub 2020 Jan 28.
- Association of the Patient-Centered Medical Home Implementation with Chronic Disease Quality in Patients with Multimorbidity. Schuttner L, Wong ES, Rosland AM, Nelson K, Reddy A.J Gen Intern Med. 2020 Oct;35(10):2932-2938. doi: 10.1007/s11606-020-06076-7. Epub 2020 Aug 6.