This is unpublished
Associate Program Director, UW Internal Medicine Residency Program
Education & Training
- MD, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY (1993–1997)
- Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA (1997–2000)
- MPH, University of Washington School of Public Health and Community Medicine, Seattle, WA (2000–2002)
- Hepatitis B Coalition of Washington Advocate Award (2009)
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Physician Faculty Scholar (2008–2011)
- Mentored Research Scientist Development Award, CDC (2004–2007)
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Community Action Award (2005)
- Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholar (2000–2002)
- New York University President’s Service Award (1995)
- Evidence-based medicine and clinical decision-making
- Internal medicine residency curriculum development and evaluation
- Health promotion and chronic disease management in vulnerable populations
- Community-based programs in cancer detection, prevention, and control
- Choe JH, Koepsell TD, Heagerty PJ, Taylor VM. 2005. Colorectal cancer among Asians and Pacific Islanders in the U.S.: Survival disadvantage for the foreign-born. Cancer detection and prevention. 29(4):361–8. PMID: 16081223.
- Choe JH, Tu S-P, Lim JM, Burke NJ, Acorda E, Taylor VM. 2006. "Heat in their intestine": Colorectal cancer prevention beliefs among older Chinese Americans. Ethnicity & disease. 16(1):248–54. PMID: 16599379.
- Elmore J, Choe J. 2007. Breast cancer screening for women in their 40s: Moving from controversy about data to helping individual women. Annals of internal medicine. 146(7):529–31. PMID: 17404356.
- Wong CJ, Choe JH. Pulmonary risk assessment and management (Chapter 13; pp 89–92). In: Wong CJ, Hamlin NP, eds. The Perioperative Medicine Consult Handbook (ISBN: 978-1-4614-3219-7). New York, NY: Springer, 2012.
- Choe JH, Knight CL, Stiling R, Corning K, Lock K, Steinberg KP. Shortening the Miles to the Milestones: Connecting EPA-Based Evaluations to ACGME Milestone Reports for Internal Medicine Residency Programs. Acad Med. 2016 Jul;91(7):943–50. PMID: 27028030.