This is unpublished
Education & Training
- MD, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA (1996)
- Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA (1996–1999)
- Chief Residency in Ambulatory Care, University of Washington Affiliated Hospital, Seattle, WA (1999–2000)
- MEDEX Northwest Golden Apple Award for Excellence in Teaching (2011)
- Best Doctors in America (2007–2013)
- Marvin Turck Award for Excellence in Teaching Nominee (2007)
- MEDEX Northwest Golden Apple Award for Excellence in Teaching (2006)
- MEDEX Northwest Golden Apple Award for Excellence in Teaching (2002)
- Pfizer Award for Excellence in Internal Medicine (1996)
- Alpha Omega Alpha (1996)
Research & Clinical Interests
- Electronic physician-patient communication
- Health screening
- Medical decision-making
- Pulmonary medicine
- Use of electronic media in teaching, evaluation, and distance learning
- Gaster B, Knight CL, DeWitt DE, Sheffield JVL, Assefi NP, Buchwald D. 2003. Physicians' use of and attitudes toward electronic mail for patient communication. Journal of general internal medicine. 18(5):385–9.
- Knight CL, Sakowski HA, Houghton BL, Laya MB, DeWitt DE. 2004. Developing a peer review process for web-based curricula: Minting a new coin of the realm. Journal of general internal medicine. 19(5 Pt 2):594–8.
- Knight CL, Fihn SD. 2006. Update in general internal medicine. Annals of internal medicine. 145(1):52–61.