This is unpublished
Education & Training
- MD, Vanderbilt Medical School, Nashville, TN (2000–2004)
- Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA (2004–2007)
- Chief Residency, VA Puget Sound, Seattle, WA (2007–2008)
- Fellow, Society of Hospital Medicine (2014)
- UWMC Chief of Medicine Service Award (2013)
- Fellow, American College of Physicians (2011)
- Travel Award Winner, Western Society for Clinical Investigation (2008)
- Providence Hospital Resident Teaching Award (2005)
- Alpha Omega Alpha (2004)
- Dean’s Award for Service to the Medical School Community (2004)
- Canby Robinson Society Award (2004)
- Medical error disclosure
- Patient safety
- White AA, Wright SW, Blanco R, Lemonds B, Sisco J, Bledsoe S, Irwin C, Isenhour J, Pichert JW. 2004. Cause-and-effect analysis of risk management files to assess patient care in the emergency department. Academic emergency medicine: Official journal of the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine. 11(10):1035–41.
- White AA, Pichert JW, Bledsoe SH, Irwin C, Entman SS. 2005. Cause and effect analysis of closed claims in obstetrics and gynecology. Obstetrics and gynecology. 105(5 Pt 1):1031–8.
- White AA, Gallagher TH, Krauss MJ, Garbutt J, Waterman AD, Dunagan CW, Fraser VJ, Levinson W, Larson EB. 2008. The attitudes and experiences of trainees regarding disclosing medical errors to patients. Academic medicine: Journal of the Association of American Medical Colleges. 83(3):250–6.
- White AA, Bell SK, Krauss MJ, Garbutt J, Dunagan CW, Fraser VJ, Levinson W, Larson EB, Gallagher TH. 2011. How trainees would disclose medical errors: Educational implications for training programmes. Medical education. 45(4):372–80.
- White AA, Gallagher TH. After the Apology – Coping and Recovery After Errors. Virtual Mentor: American Medical Association Journal of Ethics, September 2011: 13 (9); 593–600.
- Payne TH, Alonso WD, Markiel JA, Lybarger K, White AA. Using voice to create hospital progress notes: Description of a mobile application and supporting system integrated with a commercial electronic health record. J Biomed Inform. 2018 Jan;77:91-96. doi: 10.1016/j.jbi.2017.12.004. Epub 2017 Dec 9. PMID: 29233669.
- Fletcher GS, Aaronson BA, White AA, Julka R. Effect of a Real-Time Electronic Dashboard on a Rapid Response System. J Med Syst. 2017 Nov 20;42(1):5. doi: 10.1007/s10916-017-0858-5. PMID: 29159719.
- Narayanan M, White AA, Gallagher TH, Mookherjee S. Twelve tips for teaching quality improvement in the clinical environment. Med Teach. 2017 Oct 24:1–7. doi: 10.1080/0142159X.2017.1388501. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 29065748.
- White AA, Brock DM, McCotter PI, Shannon SE, Gallagher TH. Implementing an error disclosure coaching model: A multicenter case study. J Healthc Risk Manag. 2017 Jan;36(3):34–45. doi: 10.1002/jhrm.21260. PMID: 28099792.
- White AA, McKinney CM, Hoffman NG, Sutton PR. Optimizing vitamin D naming conventions in computerized order entry to support high-value care. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2017 Jan;24(1):172–175. doi: 10.1093/jamia/ocw038. Epub 2016 Apr 23. PMID: 27107453.