This is unpublished
Education & Training
- MPH, University of Hawaii School of Public Health, Manoa, HI (1979–1980)
- MD, Michigan State University College of Medicine, East Lansing, MI (1982–1986)
- Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine, University of California Irvine Medical Center, Irvine, CA (1987–1990)
- Residency in Preventative Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA (1990–1992)
- MA in Anthropology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI (1993)
- American College of Physicians Internist of the Year (2013)
- Language Access Champions Award from the National Council on Interpreting in Health Care (EthnoMed Program Booker T. Washington Award from the NMQF and the Congressional Black Caucus (Community House Calls Program Award) (2010)
- Award) (2011)
- Foster G. McGaw Price for Excellence in Community Service Award from the American Hospital Association (HMC and Community House Calls Program Award) (2007)
- S. Sterling Munro Public Service Teaching Award (2007)
- American Medical Association Patient Care Award (1999)
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's Community Health Leadership Award (1999)
- Refugee and immigrant health care
- Health services delivery to the non-English speaking poor
- Medical anthropology
- Health disparities
- Disease prevention
- Jackson JC, Taylor VM, Chitnarong K, Mahloch J, Fischer M, Sam R, Seng P. Development of a cervical cancer control intervention program for Cambodian American women. J Community Health. October 2000; 25(5):359–375.
- Taylor VM, Hislop TG, Jackson JC, Tu SP, Yasui Y, Schwartz SM, Teh C, Kuniyuki A, Acorda E, Marchand A, Thompson B. A randomized controlled trial of interventions to promote cervical cancer screening among Chinese women in North America. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2002; 94(9):670–677.
- Goldberg SV, Wallace J, Jackson JC, Chaulk CP, Nolan CM. Cultural case management of latent tuberculosis infection. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2004 Jan; 8(1):76–82.
- Jackson JC, Nguyen D, Hu N, Harris R, Terasaki G. Alterations in medical interpretation during routine primary care. J Gen Intern Med. 2011; 26(3):259–64. PMID: 20922496.
- Taylor, VM, Bastani R, Burke N, Talbot J, Sos C, Qi Liu, Do H, Jackson JC, Yasui Y. Evaluation of a Hepatitis B Lay Health Worker Intervention for Cambodian Americans. J. Community Health. 2013; 38:546–553.