This is unpublished
Education & Training
- MD, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY (1976–1981)
- Internship, Residency, and Chief Residency in Internal Medicine, Primary Care Track, University of Washington, Seattle, WA (1981–1984)
- MPH, University of Washington, Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, Seattle, WA (1986–1988)
- MA, University of Washington, Seattle, WA (1990)
AOA Robert J. Glaser Distinguished Teacher Award (2009)
Nominee, AAMC Humanism in Medicine Award (2008)
UWSOM Teacher Superior in Perpetuity (2003)
UW Distinguished Teaching Award (2002)
UWSOM Distinguished Clinical Teacher Award (2000–2003)
George N. Aagaard Outstanding Teacher Award (1998–1999)
Margaret Anderson Teaching Award (1998)
Alpha Omega Alpha (1980)
Phi Beta Kappa (1975)
- Goldstein EA, MacLaren CF, Smith S, Mengert TJ, Maestas RR, Foy HM. Wenrich MD, Ramsey PG. Promoting fundamental clinical skills using a competency-based college approach at the University of Washington School of Medicine. Academic Medicine, 2005; 80:423–433.
- Losh DP, Mauksch LB, Arnold RW, Maresca TM, Storck MG, Maestas R, Goldstein, EA. Teaching inpatient communication skills to medical students: An innovative strategy. Academic Medicine 2005; 80:118–124.
- Goldstein EA, Maestas R, Fryer-Edwards K, Wenrich MD, Amies-Oelschlager A, Baernstein A, Kimball H. Professionalism in medical education: An institutional challenge. Academic Medicine 2006; 81:871–876.
- Whipple ME, Barlow CB, Smith S, Goldstein EA. Early clinical skills training improves confidence in clerkships. Academic Medicine 2006;81 (10 Suppl):S40–S43.
- Jackson MB, Keen M, Wenrich MD, Schaad DC, Robins L, Goldstein, EA. Impact of a pre-clinical clinical skills curriculum on student performance in third-year clerkships. JGIM 2009; 24:929–933.