This is unpublished
Medical Director, Value Based Care, UW Medicine
Education & Training
- MS, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY (1978)
- MD, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA (1982)
- Internship, Residency, and Chief Residency in Internal Medicine, Primary Care Track, University of Washington, Seattle, WA (1982–1986)
- Certificate Program in Medical Management, University of Washington, Seattle, WA (1997–1998)
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude from Williams College (1976)
- Sigma Xi (1976)
- Phi Beta Kappa (1975)
- Care of people with diabetes
- Mental health concerns in the primary care setting
- Dugdale DC, Epstein R, Pantilat SZ. 1999. Time and the patient-physician relationship. Journal of general internal medicine. 14 Suppl 1:S34–40.
- DeWitt DE, Dugdale DC. 2003. Common problems in outpatient management of patients with diabetes in the age of insulin analogues. Prim Care. Sep;30(3):543–56, vi. PMID: 14692200.
- DeWitt DE, Dugdale DC. 2003. Using new insulin strategies in the outpatient treatment of diabetes: Clinical applications. JAMA. 289(17):2265–9. PMID: 12734138.
- Mauksch LB, Dugdale DC, Dodson S, Epstein R. 2008. Relationship, communication, and efficiency in the medical encounter: Creating a clinical model from a literature review. Archives of internal medicine. 168(13):1387–95. PMID: 18625918.
- Sinsky CA, Dugdale DC. 2013. Medicare Payment for Cognitive vs Procedural Care: Minding the Gap. JAMA Internal Medicine. Oct 14;173(18):1733–7. PMID: 23939411.
- Smetana GW, Nathan DM, Dugdale DC, Burns RB. To what target hemoglobin A1c level would you treat this patient with type 2 diabetes? Ann Intern Med. 2019;171:505-513. doi:10.7326/M19-0946.
- Marcotte LM, Dugdale DC. Prevention as a population health strategy. In Sangvai DG and Viera AJ, eds. Population Health. Primary Care: Clinics in Office Practice. December 2019:46(4):493-503.