This is unpublished
Education & Training
- MD, University of California, San Francisco, CA (1993)
- Internship, Residency, and Chief Residency in Internal Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA (1993–1997)
- Appointed Interim Medical Director, General Internal Medicine Center (2013)
- Clinician-Educator of the Year Award (2011)
- Invited Fellow, American College of Physicians (2003)
- UWMC Service Excellence Award (2002)
- DOM Fialkow Scholar Junior Faculty Award Nominee (2001)
- Student Marshal (1989)
- National Merit Scholar (1985)
- Phi Beta Kappa (1989)
- Advance Care Planning
- Medical Education
- Advance Directive for Dementia
- Gaster B, Hirsch IB. The effects of improved glycemic control on complications in type 2 diabetes. Archives of Internal Medicine. 1998; 158: 134–40.
- Gaster B, Unterborn JN, Scott RB, Schneeweiss R. What should students learn about complementary and alternative medicine? Academic Medicine. 2007; 82(10):934–8.
- Gaster B, Edwards K., Trinidad SB, Gallagher T, Braddock CH. Patient-centered discussions about prostate cancer screening. Annals of Internal Medicine. 2010; 153:661–665.
- Gaster B. Prostate cancer screening: A complicated puzzle, explanation required. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2013; 28(12):1549–50.
- Gaster B, Larson EB, Curtis JR. Advance directives for dementia: Meeting a unique challenge. JAMA. 2017; 318(22):2175–2176.