This is unpublished
Chair, Student Progress Committee
Education & Training
- MD, Cornell University Medical College, New York, NY (1989–1993)
- Residency in Internal Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA (1996–1996)
- Elected as Faculty to Alpha Omega Alpha (2005)
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude from Cornell University (1989)
- Phi Beta Kappa (1989)
- Ethics and professionalism in medical student education
- Takahashi TA, Baernstein A, Binswanger I, Bradley K, Merrill JO. 2007. Predictors of hospitalization for injection drug users seeking care for soft tissue infections. Journal of general internal medicine. 22(3):382–8.
- Baernstein A, Liss HK, Carney PA, Elmore JG. 2007. Trends in study methods used in undergraduate medical education research, 1969–2007. JAMA: The journal of the American Medical Association. 298(9):1038–45.
- Baernstein A, Smith KM, Elmore JG. 2008. Singing the blues: Is it really cyanosis? Respiratory care. 53(8):1081–4.
- Baernstein A, Oelschlager A-MAE, Chang TA, Wenrich MD. 2009. Learning professionalism: perspectives of preclinical medical students. Academic medicine: Journal of the Association of American Medical Colleges. 84(5):574–81.
- Taniguchi D, Baernstein A, Nichol G. Cardiac arrest: A public health perspective. Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2012 Feb:30(1):1–12.