This is unpublished
Associate Professor, Medicine
Section Head, Boise VA Medical Center
Section Chief, Education, Academic Hospitalist & Geriatrics/Palliative Care Sections; Medicine Service, Boise VAMC
Education & Training
- MPH, University of Washington, School of Public Health, Seattle, WA (2007–2009)
- MD, University of Washington, School of Medicine, Seattle, WA (1997–2002)
- Residency in Internal Medicine, University of Washington Affiliated Hospitals, Seattle, WA (2002–2005)
- Chief Residency in Internal Medicine, University of Washington – Boise Track, Boise, ID (2005–2006)
- Clinician-Educator of the Year, Northwest Society for General Internal Medicine (2018)
- Tina Juul-Dam Teacher of the Year, Boise VA Medical Center (2012–2013)
- Richard M. Tucker Excellence in Teaching Award, UW Department of Medicine (2011–2012)
- Fellow, American College of Physicians (2011)
- SGIM Geriatric Abstract Award (2009)
- Alpha Omega Alpha (2005)
- Resident Teaching Award (2004–2005)
- School of Medicine Scholarship (1998)
- Stanley Research Fellowship (1998)
- Outstanding Senior Award (1992)
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude from University of Idaho (1992)
research & clinical interests
- Health Impacts of Climate Change
- Interprofessional Health Professional Education
- Patient informatics
- Population Health & Chronic Disease Management
- Primary care education
- Shared decision-making
- Weppner WG, Hollon MF, Chew LD, Larson EB. 2009. Direct-to-consumer offers for free and discounted medications on the internet: a content analysis of "e-samples". Archives of internal medicine. 169(21):2024–30.
- Weppner WG, Ralston JD, Koepsell TD, Grothaus LC, Reid RJ, Jordan L, Larson EB. 2010. Use of a shared medical record with secure messaging by older patients with diabetes. Diabetes care. 33(11):2314–9.
- Wilper AP, Weppner WG, Smith SC. 2010. Changes in Idaho primary care physician clinical work hours, 1996–2009. JAMA: The journal of the American Medical Association. 304(13):1443–5.
- Arterburn DE, Westbrook EO, Bogart AT, Sepucha KR, Bock SN, Weppner WG. 2011. Randomized trial of a video-based patient decision aid for bariatric surgery. Obesity (Silver Spring, MD). 19(8):1669–75.
- Weppner WG, Hollon MF, Gillespie E, Christopher A. Seeking inspiration in the climate crisis: Advocacy by SGIM members. Invited manuscript for SGIM Forum, March 2021, Vol 44, No 3. Pps 1,5,13 2021_SGIM_March_Web.pdf.
- Bass EG & Weppner WG. Q & A with SGIM’s CEO and the Liaison to the Medical Society Consortium on Climate and Health. Invited manuscript for SGIM Forum, March 2021, Vol 44, No 3. p 4-5. 2021_SGIM_March_Web.pdf.
- Kobe EA, Lewinski AA, Jeffreys AS, Smith VA, Coffman CJ, Danus, S, Sidoli E, Greck BD, Horne L, Saxon DR, Shook S, Aguirre LE, Esquibel MG, Evenson C, Elizagaray C, Nelson V, Zeek A, Weppner WG, Scodellaro S, Perdew CJ, Jackson GL, Steinhauser K, Bosworth HB, Edelman D, Crowley MJ. Implementation of an intensive telehealth intervention for rural patients with clinic-refractory diabetes. J Gen Intern Med. 2022.