This is unpublished
Associate Professor, Medicine
Medical Director, Home Based Primary Care
Education & Training
- MD, University of Washington, School of Medicine, Seattle, WA (1989–1993)
- Residency in Primary Care Internal Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA (1993–1996)
- Chief Residency in Internal Medicine, Boise VA Medical Center, Boise, ID (1995–1996)
- MPH, University of Washington, School of Public Health and Community Medicine, Seattle, WA (1998)
- Top Doctor, VA Puget Sound (2018)
- Fellow, American College of Physicians (2016)
- Service Award, VA Puget Sound Health Care System (2015)
- Top Doctor, Seattle Metropolitan Magazine (2011)
- VAPSHCS Red Carpet Award (2008)
- VAPSHCS Performance Award (2008)
- Commendation from R. James Nicholson, Secretary of Veterans Affairs (2006)
- Fellow, National Research Service Award Program (1996–1998)
- Cardiovascular epidemiology
- Smith CS, Morris M, Hill W, Francovich C, McMullin J, Christiano J, Chavez L, Roth C, Vo A, Wheeler SG, Milne C. Testing the exportability of a tool for detecting operational problems in VA Teaching Clinics. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2006; 21(2): 152–157.
- Wheeler SG, Bowen J, Maynard C, Lowy E, Sun H, Sales AE, Smith NL, Fihn SD. Women veterans and outcomes after acute myocardial infarction. Journal of Women’s Health. 2009; 18(5): 613–618.
- Wheeler SG, Ahroni J, Boyko E. Prospective study of autonomic neuropathy as a predictor of mortality in patients with diabetes. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice. 2002; 58(2): 131–138.
- Smith CS, Francovich C, Morris M, Hill W, Langlois-Winkle F, Rupper R, Roth C, Wheeler S, Vo A. Toward an ecological perspective of resident teaching clinic. Advances in Health Sciences Education. 2010; 15:771–778.
- Wheeler SG, Moore K, Forsberg CW, Riley K, Floyd JS, Smith NL, Boyko EJ. Mortality among veterans with type 2 diabetes initiating metformin, sulfonylurea or rosiglitazone monotherapy. Diabetologia 2013; 56: 1934–1943.