This is unpublished
Emeritus Clinical Professor, Medicine
Education & Training
- MD, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD (1979–1983)
- Residency and Chief Residency in Internal Medicine, Primary Care Track, University of Washington Affiliated Hospitals, Seattle, WA (1983–1986)
- MPH, University of Washington School of Public Health, Seattle, WA (1989–1991)
- Leaders in Health Care Awards Finalist, Seattle Business Magazine (2012)
- UW Medicine Service Excellence Award (2010)
- WA State Chapter Internist of the Year, American College of Physicians (2010)
- Warren Featherstone Reid Award for Excellence in Healthcare (2008)
- Foster McGaw Prize for Excellence in Community Service (2007)
- Community Partnership Award, King County and Public Health (2004)
- Distinguished Service Award (2001)
- Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholar (1989–1991)
- HMC UpJohn Achievement Award for Clinical Ability and Humanitarian Concern (1986)
- Alpha Omega Alpha (1982)
- Disease and injury prevention
- Domestic violence
- HIV-related disease
- Substance and alcohol abuse
- Sugg NK, Inui T. 1992. Primary care physicians' response to domestic violence. Opening Pandora's box. JAMA. 267(23):3157–60.
- Sugg NK, Thompson RS, Thompson DC, Maiuro R, Rivara FP. 1999. Domestic violence and primary care. Attitudes, practices, and beliefs. Archives of family medicine. 8(4):301–6.
- Thompson RS, Rivara FP, Thompson DC, Barlow WE, Sugg NK, Maiuro RD, Rubanowice DM. 2000. Identification and management of domestic violence: a randomized trial. American journal of preventive medicine. 19(4):253–63.