This is unpublished
Clinical Instructor, Medicine
Education & Training
- MD, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL (2005–2009)
- Primary Care Internal Medicine Internship and Residency, University of Washington Affiliated Hospitals, Seattle, WA (2009–2012)
- UW Internal Medicine Housestaff Representative (2009–2012)
- Gold Humanism Honor Society (2008)
- Dean’s Promise Scholar (2005)
- Fellow, International Institute for Political and Economic Studies (2000)
- John Harvard Scholarship and Elizabeth Cary Agassiz Scholarship for Academic Distinction (1998–2001)
- Silverman J. Dame Cicely Saunders and the foundation of the hospice movement. Hektoen International. 2011: 3(2).
- Nelson, K, Drain N, Robinson J, Kapp J, Hebert P, Taylor L, Silverman J, Kiefer M, Lessler D, Krieger J. Peer Support for Achieving Independence in Diabetes (Peer-AID): Design, methods, and baseline characteristics of a randomized controlled trial of community health worker assisted diabetes self-management support. Contemp Clin Trials. 2014: 38(2): 361–369.
- Kiefer MM, Silverman J, Young BA, Nelson KM. National Patterns in Diabetes Screening: Data from the Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) 2005–2012. J Gen Intern Med. May 2015; 30(5): 612–8.
- Silverman J, Krieger J, Kiefer M, Hebert P, Robinson J, Nelson K. The Importance of Food Security on Glycemic Control Among Low-Income Patients with Diabetes. J Gen Intern Med. April 28, 2015.