Education & Training
- MD, University of Western Ontario, London, ON (1988)
- Residency in Internal Medicine, University of Western Ontario, London, ON (1988–1992)
- Chief Residency in Internal Medicine, Victoria Hospital, University of Western Ontario, London, ON (1992)
- MPH in Clinical Effectiveness, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (1995)
- EMS 10 Innovators in EMS Award (2013)
- AHA Award of Meritorious Achievement (2008)
- Fellow, American Heart Association (2003)
- Premier's Research Excellence Award (2002–2004)
- Fellow, American College of Physicians (2002)
- Career Scientist, Ontario Ministry of Health (1997–2004)
- McLaughlin Fellow, McLaughlin Foundation (1993–1995)
- Research Fellow, Clinical Epidemiology, Brigham and Women's Hospital (1993–1995)
- Palef Fellow, Loeb Medical Research Institute, University of Ottawa (1992–1993)
- Research Fellow, Clinical Epidemiology, Ottawa Civic Hospital (1992–1993)
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians (1992)
- University of Western Ontario Award in Cardiology (1988)
- Fellow, European Resuscitation Council
RECOVER IV Emergency Care Core
The goal of this study is to develop, implement, evaluate and interpret the results of Exception from Informed Consent processes for the parent RECOVER IV trial, which is a multi-center randomized trial of Impella use in patients with acute ST-elevation myocardial infarction and cardiogenic shock. Participating sites will be located throughout the United States and Europe.
MultidimensiOnal Study of Oxygenation in Early Post-Resuscitation (MOSER)
The goal of this study is to demonstrate variation in muscle oxygenation levels, body oxygen consumption, and respiratory mechanics in the peri-resuscitation period.
Study of Peri-Resuscitation Troponin and Outcomes (SANTO)
The goal of this study is to demonstrate the feasibility of rapid measurement of troponin using a novel bloodless transdermal in patients with time-sensitive cardiac conditions.
Evaluation of Vapotherm Device to Start Therapeutic Cooling (VOS)
The goal of this study is to demonstrate the feasibility of rapid initiation of induced hypothermia (targeted temperature management) in a robust animal model of cardiac arrest.
Balloon in Aorta with Supersaturated Oxygenation (BASSO) Pilot
The goal of this study is to demonstrate the feasibility of catheter-based supersaturated oxygen delivery in a robust animal model of cardiac arrest.
Artificial Intelligence Enhanced Electrocardiogram Diagnosis to Promote Recognition of Acute Occlusion (ANPAO)
The goal of this program is to improve the timeliness, accuracy and efficiency of diagnosis of acute coronary occlusion so as to improve survival and recovery after ST-elevation myocardial infarction.