Daniel Cabrera, MD, MPH is a Hospitalist at Harborview Medical Center and the University of Washington Medical Center – Montlake. He is board certified in Internal Medicine and is a Clinical Assistant Professor in the UW Department of Medicine Division of General Internal Medicine.
Dr. Cabrera specializes in the inpatient care of adults with complex medical conditions. He uses a lens of equity to provide high-quality care to diverse patients and strives for cultural humility whenever possible. He has served on a number of different equity, diversity, and inclusion committees within UW Medicine, the Department of Medicine, and Harborview Medical Center. Dr. Cabrera also works to advocate for all his patients, especially those disproportionately impacted by structural factors.
Dr. Cabrera holds a faculty appointment within the UW School of Medicine. His areas of focus include Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) and Medical Education. Dr. Cabrera mentors diverse students and residents and is involved in several initiatives to increase the numbers of those historically underrepresented in medicine. He serves as a member of the core clinical teaching group.
Education & Training
- MD, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI (2003–2007)
- MPH, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI (2007–2008)
- Residency in Internal Medicine, University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics, Madison, WI (2008–2011)
- Resident Diversity Committee – Diversity Faculty Mentorship Award (2020)
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Health Disparities
- Medical Education