This is unpublished
Professor Emeritus, Medicine
Education & Training
- MD, University of Washington, Seattle, WA (1976–1980)
- Clinical Teaching Certificate, Stanford Faculty Development Program (1993)
- Idaho WWAMI Alumni Award for excellence in mentoring, teaching, leadership, and patient care (2015)
- David Worthen Career Achievement Award in Educational Excellence (2014)
- Mastership in the ACP (2012)
- Director's Award Coin (2011)
- Richard M. Turner WWAMI Excellence in Teaching Award (2011)
- Richard M. Turner WWAMI Excellence in Teaching Award (2010)
- Tina Juul Dam Teacher of the Year Award (2008)
- Smith CS, Irby DM. The Roles of Experience and Reflection in Ambulatory Care Education. Academic Medicine. 1997;72:32–35.
- Smith CS, et al. Toward an Ecological Perspective of Resident Teaching Clinic Advances in Health Sciences Education. Advances in Health Sciences Education. 2010;15:771–8.
- Smith CS, et al. A multisite, multistakeholder validation of the ACGME competencies with five stakeholder groups. Acad Med (2013);88(7):997–1001.
- Bitton A, Pereira AG, Smith CS, Babbott SF, Bowen JL. The EFECT Framework for inter-professional education in the patient centered medical home. Health Care. 2013 Dec;1(3-4):63–8.
- Smith CS, et al. Diagnostic Reasoning Across the Medical Education Spectrum. Healthcare. 2014, 2;253–271.
- Smith CS, et al. Professional Equipoise: Getting beyond dominant discourse in an interprofessional team. J Interprofessional Care (2015);29(6):603–609.