This is unpublished
Assistant Dean for the Colleges, UW School of Medicine
Education & Training
- MD, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC (2000–2004)
- Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA (2004–2007)
- Washington American College of Physicians – Clinician Educator of the Year (2021)
- Gold Humanism Honor Society (2019)
- Nominee, Arnold P. Gold Foundation Humanism in Medicine Award (2014)
- Huseby Award, University of Washington Internal Medicine Residency Program (2007)
- Alpha Omega Alpha (2007)
- Christopher C. Fordham III Award, University of North Carolina (2004)
- James Bell Bullitt Award, University of North Carolina (2004)
- Order of the Grail-Valkyries, University of North Carolina (2004)
- Frank Porter Graham Honor Society, University of North Carolina (2004)
- James A. Bryan II Award, University of North Carolina (2003)
- Clinical skills development in junior medical students
- Medical student support and well-being
- Professional identity formation and professionalism
- Humanities and arts in medicine
- Liao J, Nishath T, Thevuthasan S, Nieblas-Bedolla E, Christophers B, Starks H, Pagalilauan P, Jackson MB. Race/Ethnicity Trends Among U.S. Internal Medicine Residency Applicants and Matriculants: A Cross-Sectional Study. Annals of Internal Medicine. 2022 Jan. In press.
- Jackson MB, Kaplan E, Huang R, Mookhjerjee S, (eds.). The Perioperative Medicine Consult Handbook (3rd ed). New York, NY. Springer. 2019.
- Jackson MB, Mookhjerjee S, Hamlin NP (eds.). The Perioperative Medicine Consult Handbook (2nd ed). New York, NY. Springer. 2015.
- Wenrich MD, Jackson MB, Maestas RR, Wolfhagen IH, Scherpbier AJ. From Cheerleader to Coach: The Developmental Progression of Bedside Teachers in Giving Feedback to Early Learners. Acad Med. 2015 Nov;90(11 Suppl):S91–7.
- Wenrich MD, Jackson MB, Wolfhagen IH, Ramsey PG, Scherpbier AJ. What are the Benefits of Early Patient Contact? A Comparison of Three Preclinical Patient Contact Settings. BMC Medical Education. 2013 Jun; 13:80.
- Wenrich MD, Jackson MB, Ajam K, Wolfhagen IH, Ramsey PG, Scherpbier AJ. Teachers as Learners: The Effect of Bedside Teaching on the Clinical Skills of Clinician-Teachers. Academic Medicine. 2011 Jul;86(7):846–52.
- Jackson MB, Keen M, Schaad D, Robins L, Wenrich MD. Impact of a Pre-Clinical Clinical Skills Curriculum on Student Performance in Third-Year Clerkships. J Gen Intern Med 2009; Aug: 24(8):929–33.