This is unpublished
Clinical Professor Emeritus
Education & Training:
- MD, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL (1978)
- Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine, Rush Presbyterian St. Luke's Medical Center, Chicago, IL (1978–1981)
- Gold Humanism Honor Society, Faculty Selection (2012)
- Alpha Omega Alpha (2008)
- Medical education research
- Service learning
- Bays A, Engelberg, RA, Back AL, Ford DW, Downey, L, Shannon SE, Doorenbos AZ, Edlund B, Christenson P, Arnold RW, O’Connor K, Kross EK, Reinke LF, Feemster LC, Edwards, Alexander SC, Tulsky JA, Curtis JR. Interprofessional communication skills training for serious illness: Evaluation of a small group, simulated patient intervention. Journal of Palliative Medicine 2014 Feb;17(2):159–66.PMCID: PMC4047839.
- Curtis JR, Back AL, Ford DW, Downey L, Shannon SE, Doorenbos AZ, Kross EK, Reinke LF, Feemster LC, Barbara Edlund B, Arnold RW, O’Connor K, Engelberg RA. Effect of communication skills training for residents and nurse practitioners on quality of communication with patients with serious illness: a randomized trial. JAMA 2013, 310(21):2271–2281. PMCID: PMC4310457.
- Losh DP, Mauksch LB, Arnold RW, Maresca TM, Storck MG, Maestas R, Goldstein E. Teaching inpatient communication skills to medical students: An innovative strategy. Academic Medicine, Vol 80 (2) pg 118–124, Feb, 2005. PMID: 15671313.
- Arnold RW, Losh DP, Mauksch LB, Maresca TM, Storck MG, Wenrich MD, Goldstein EA. Lexicon creation to promote faculty development in medical communication. Patient Educ Counseling, 2009 Feb;74(2):179–83. PMID: 18842387.
- Bomsztyk, M and Arnold RW. Infections in Travelers, Infectious Disease Threats, Med Clinics of N Am, Vol 97 (4) pg 697–720, July 2013.