The UW Medicine Center for Scholarship in Patient Care Quality and Safety is a home for collaborative scholarship and projects that enhance the quality, safety, and value of care delivered at UW Medicine. The Center leverages UW Medicine's academic staff, infrastructure, and longstanding interest in improving quality and safety for patients. The Center’s goals are to:
- Stimulate innovative research and scholarship around quality and safety across UW Medicine.
- Foster collaboration and uncover innovative approaches to quality and safety.
- Share and promote creative approaches throughout UW Medicine and beyond.
The Center's experts facilitate collaborative projects between researchers, clinician educators, frontline quality and safety specialists, and trainees. Researchers advance quality and safety of care through scholarship and leadership training. Center experts also:
- Mentor and support the study of existing UW Medicine quality and safety activities.
- Co-direct the Certificate in Patient Safety and Quality with Seattle Children's Hospital.
- Lead the Patient Safety Innovations Program (PSIP).
- Support large scale grant applications related to quality and safety.