This is unpublished
Associate Professor, Medicine
Associate Professor, Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences
Education & Training
- MD, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT (2001–2005)
- Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA (2005–2008)
- MPH, Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD (2008–2009)
- Randall Bass Award (2009)
- Delta Omega Honorary Public Health Society (2009)
- Scholarly Project Forum Winner, Northwest Center for Occupational Health and Safety (2009)
- Occupational Physicians Scholarship Fund Award (2008–2010)
- Housestaff Quality Improvement Project Award (2007)
- American Society of Nephrology Resident Travel Grant (2006)
- Graduated Cum Laude from Yale University (2005)
- Farr Scholar Award (2005)
- Janet M. Glasgow Memorial Award (2005)
- Endocrine Society Summer Research Fellowship (2002)
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude from Harvard University (2001)
- Harvard College Scholarship (2001)
- Elizabeth Cary Agassiz Scholarship (2001)
- Contingent and immigrant worker safety and health
- Focal dystonia in musicians
- Occupational and environmental medicine
- Occupational heat-related illness
- Occupational health services and outcomes
- Work-related musculoskeletal disorder prevention and management
- Spector J, Kahn S, Jones M, Jayakumar M, Dalal D, Nazarian S. Migraine headache and ischemic stroke risk: An updated meta-analysis. American Journal of Medicine 2010;123(7):612–24.
- Spector JT, Adams D, Silverstein B. Burden of work-related knee disorders in Washington State, 1999 to 2007. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine 2011;53(5):537–47.
- Spector J, Navas-Acien A, Fadrowski J, Guallar E, Jaar B, Weaver V. Associations of blood lead with estimated glomerular filtration rate using MDRD, CKD-EPI and serum cystatin C-based equations. Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation 2011;26:2786–2792.
- Spector JT, Turner JA, Fulton-Kehoe D, Franklin GM. Pre-surgery disability compensation predicts long-term disability among workers with carpal tunnel syndrome. American Journal of Industrial Medicine 2012;55(9):816–32.
- Lam M, Krenz J, Perla M, Negrete M, Palmandez P, Spector JT. Identification of barriers to the prevention and treatment of heat-related illness in Latino farmworkers using activity-oriented, participatory rural appraisal focus group methods. BMC Public Health 2013(13):1004.