In the News
A roundup of recent interviews and mentions in the popular press.
- Professor John Amory’s work to develop male birth control was discussed in an article on Inverse.com.
- Associate Professor Jennifer Best was profiled in Washington State Medical Association’s Sept/Oct newsletter, The Huddle.
- Assistant Professor Lauren Beste was featured in the article “Study: Combat a possible risk factor for hepatitis B” in VA Research Currents.
- Medscape recently ran two articles about Professor Ed Boyko’s research on diabetes and his work as scientific program chair for the International Diabetes Federation (IDF) Congress 2019.
- Assistant Professor Andrea Christopher was covered by The Idaho Press.
- US News & World Report consulted Professor Joel Kaufman about potential health hazards of wood fires.
- Professor Joe Merrill was interviewed by NPR and The Seattle Times about opioid addiction and recovery.
- Acting Assistant Professor Coralynn Sack contributed her expertise to the Crosscut article “Smoke may be seasonal — but preparation is year-round.”
- Medium – Elemental interviewed Professor David Tauben for an article about doctor bedside manner and its effect on patients.
- A recently published article by lead author Associate Professor Judith Tsui and co-author Dr. Joe Merrill was highlighted in a UW Medicine Newsroom article.