- Assistant Professor Joshua Liao will give the DOM Grand Rounds Lecture on November 14 in HSB Room T-625. His topic is “In Search of Value: The Impact of Value-Based Payment Reform on Organizations and Patients.” The event will also be telecast live via Zoom.
- Professor Thomas Payne will participate on the panel “Reducing Burden: Evidence-based Solutions for Improving Clinicians’ EHR Experiences” as part of the American Medical Informatics Association’s 2019 annual symposium November 16–20 in Washington, DC.
- The Vizient PSO Communication and Resolution Certification Workshop in Chicago will be co-led by Professor Thomas Gallagher November 19–20. Registration closes Nov 19.
- Academic Research Coach Helene Starks and Associate Professor Somnath Mookherjee present the Faculty Development Seminar “Tips for Proposing, Designing and Delivering a Workshop” on 11/19 in UWMC HSB T-635 at 2:30pm.
- Drs. Helene Starks and Somnath Mookherjee will provide multiple opportunities to attend the Faculty Development Seminar “Translating Your Observations/Hunches into Questions and Answers” at multiple UW Medicine sites. Dates, Locations, and Times:
- Dr. Thomas Gallagher will co-present “Leading with Confidence When Things Go Wrong” and “Scaling Communication and Resolution Programs” at The Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s National Forum December 8–11 in Orlando, FL.
- The 2019 Reducing Hospital Readmissions Forum will include Dr. Joshua Liao speaking on “Implications of Alternative Payment Models (APMs) and Strategies such as Post-Acute Care (PAC) Networks on Hospital Readmissions.” The event will be held November 14–15 in Orlando, Florida.