This is unpublished
Associate Medical Director, University of Washington Medical Center
Education & Training
- MD, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL (1995–2000)
- MBA, University of Chicago Graduate School of Business, Chicago, IL (1997–1999)
- Residency in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI (2000–2004)
- ACP Top Hospitalist (2014)
- League of Clinical Excellence, University of Michigan Medical School (2014)
- University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers, Program of the Year 2013 Clinical Services—MPLAN, Honorable Mention (2013)
- Innovation in Hospital Medicine Poster, Finalist, Society of Hospital Medicine 16th Annual Meeting (2012)
- Implementing quality, safety, and operational improvement methods such as Lean Thinking within the health care sector
- Medical staff leadership
- Multi-disciplinary approach to patient care
- Quality improvement and patient safety in the health system—education and implementation
- Transitions of care for hospitalized patients
- Kim CS, Spahlinger DA, Kin, J, Billi JE. LEAN HEALTHCARE: What Can Hospitals Learn from a World-Class Automaker? Journal of Hospital Medicine. 2006; 1(3): 191–199.
- Kim CS, Spahlinger DA, Kin JM, Coffey RJ, Billi JE. Implementation of Lean Thinking: One Health System’s Journey. The Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety. August, 2009; 35 (8): 406–413.
- Kim CS, Lukela MP, Parekh VI, Mangrulkar RS, Del Valle J, Spahlinger DA, Billi JE. Teaching Internal Medicine Residents Quality Improvement and Patient Safety—A Lean Thinking Approach. American Journal of Medical Quality. 2010 May–Jun;25(3):211–7. Epub 2010 Mar 31.
- Kim CS, Flanders SA. In the Clinic: Transitions of care. Ann Intern Med. 2013;158(5 Pt 1):ITC3-1.
- Kim CS, King E, Stein J, Robinson E, Salameh M, O’Leary KJ. Unit-Based Interprofessional Leadership Models in Six US Hospitals. Journal of Hospital Medicine. 2014 Aug; 9(8); 545–550.