Current Opening for a Board-Eligible/Certified Internist at UWMC
The UW's Department of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine is seeking a board-eligible/certified internist to be based at the University of Washington Medical Center (UWMC) - Roosevelt General Internal Medicine Center. This position will involve serving as a primary care provider at the clinic, teaching and precepting residents and students, and the option of 2-4 weeks per year of inpatient attending at UWMC. Available clinical FTE for this role is 0.5 to 1.0 FTE. Approximate start date would be July 1, 2018.
UWMC is a quaternary care academic medical center within the UW Medicine health system. The UWMC-Roosevelt General Internal Medicine Center is a large and dynamic primary care teaching clinic. In addition to patient care and teaching, faculty engage in a range of scholarly activities in areas including medical education, evidence-based medicine, and quality improvement.
Applicants must have an MD degree (or foreign equivalent) and board certification* in Internal Medicine (or foreign equivalent).
*Note: Board certification in Internal Medicine must be completed within two years after residency.
For consideration, please submit a brief letter of interest and your CV through Interfolio by November 29, 2017.
If you have any questions, please send an email to Pearlie Tapang, GIM Academic HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
GIM Hospitalist and Consultative Medicine Jobs Available
Hiring physicians is handled directly by GIM.
Academic Year 2018-19
Accepting online applications starting August 4, 2017.
The Hospital Medicine Program, part of the Division of General Internal Medicine (GIM) and the Department of Medicine, is currently accepting online applications. GIM will review candidate applications for positions on the Hospital Medicine Service and Medicine Consult Service. Candidates may be considered at individual or multiple sections of GIM—Harborview Medical Center, University of Washington Medical Center, and VA Puget Sound Health Care System.
Click here for more information about the GIM Hospital Medicine Program.
For consideration, please submit an application online via Interfolio/ByCommittee.
Applications will be accepted starting August 4th. To facilitate timely scheduling of interviews, we encourage submitting your application by October 15th or as soon as possible. Applications after October 15th are welcome and interviews will be scheduled as promptly as possible November through January, depending on available open positions. The recruitment committee will review applications in the order received.
Candidates will be asked to upload three required documents:
1) Cover letter – Please provide a one- to two-page document that includes:
- Area(s) of interest (consult, quality, education, etc.) if applicable
- Diversity and equity – The University of Washington faculty strive to deliver equitable healthcare in an environment that celebrates diversity. Please provide a one-paragraph statement addressing either 1) experiences with diversity in training, professional/military work, previous teaching, and service or 2) potential to foster more equitable healthcare delivery in the Division of GIM.
3) References – Please provide a one-page document with a minimum of three references. At least one should be your current or previous supervisor or Program Director. (Please note: the recruitment committee may contact past and current employers and colleagues beyond the provided references.)
Candidates will also be asked to fill out two online forms:
1) Preference form:
- FTE Preference: Full time, full or part-time, or part-time only
- Shift Preference: Predominantly days or predominantly nights (Please note: all positions require some night and swing shift work.)
- Clinical Site Preference: HMC, UWMC, or VAPSHCS (optional)
- Your application will be reviewed and considered at all three clinical sites, but if you have a preference for a particular site, or prefer not to interview at a particular site, that information is helpful to know prior to interviewing.
- If the VAPSHCS is selected, please provide citizenship status. (Only U.S. citizens or nationals may be appointed to competitive federal jobs.)
2) Availability for interview form – Provide possible dates for potential interviews.
Candidates will be notified regarding their application status regularly after their online application has been received.
For more information or questions, please send an email to Pearlie Tapang, GIM Academic HR Manager, at email@example.com.