GIM Hospitalist and Consultative Medicine Jobs Available
Hiring physicians is handled directly by GIM.
Academic Year 2019-20
The Hospital Medicine Program, part of the Division of General Internal Medicine (GIM) and the Department of Medicine, is currently accepting online applications. GIM will review candidate applications for positions on the Hospital Medicine Service and Medicine Consult Service. Candidates may be considered at individual or multiple sections of GIM—Harborview Medical Center, University of Washington Medical Center, and VA Puget Sound Health Care System.
The open positions are twelve-month, annual appointments and will be at the Instructor level (Clinical Instructor or Acting Instructor) or Assistant Professor level (Clinical Assistant Professor or Acting Assistant Professor).
Click here for more information about the GIM Hospital Medicine Program.
For consideration, please submit an application online via Interfolio/ByCommittee.
Applications will be accepted starting August 15, 2018. To facilitate timely scheduling of interviews, we encourage submitting your application by October 31, 2018 or as soon as possible. Applications received after October 31 are welcome. Interviews will be scheduled as promptly as possible November through January, depending on available open positions.* The recruitment committee will review applications in the order received.
(*Note regarding timeline of job offers: In past years, GIM has typically extended job offers in January and February, but we may continue recruitment beyond then. The number of job openings and timing of offers depends in part on whether existing faculty change clinical commitments and the decisions of other candidates. Due to uncertainty about those factors, GIM is unable to specify an exact response date, but we welcome ongoing communication with applicants.)
Candidates will be asked to upload three required documents:
1) Cover letter – Please provide a one- to two-page document that includes:
- Area(s) of interest (consult, quality, education, etc.) if applicable
- Diversity and equity – The University of Washington faculty strive to deliver equitable healthcare in an environment that celebrates diversity. Please provide a one-paragraph statement addressing either 1) experiences with diversity in training, professional/military work, previous teaching, and service or 2) potential to foster more equitable healthcare delivery in the Division of GIM.
3) References – Please provide a one-page document with a minimum of three references. At least one should be your current or previous supervisor or program director. (Please note that the recruitment committee may contact past and current employers and colleagues beyond the provided references.)
Candidates will also be asked to specify:
1) FTE Preference: Full time, full or part-time, or part-time only
2) Shift Preference: Predominantly days or predominantly nights (Please note: all positions require some night and swing shift work.)
3) Clinical Site Preference (optional): HMC, UWMC, or VAPSHCS (Your application will be reviewed and considered at all three clinical sites, but if you have a preference for a particular site, or prefer not to interview at a particular site, that information is helpful to know prior to interviewing. If the VAPSHCS is selected, please provide citizenship status. Only U.S. citizens or nationals may be appointed to competitive Federal jobs.)
For more information or questions, please send an email to Pearlie Tapang, GIM Academic HR Manager, at email@example.com.